About Build Up for Phillip
About Phillip Evans
Phillip Evans was a man who could do it all. That is not an exaggeration. He knew how to do everything! And if by some small chance there was something he was unsure about, well, he would just do all he could to learn how to do that, too. Phillip was always more than willing to help anyone who asked, or sometimes would help even without being asked. Our friend, Chris Harrell accurately said something like, “if I called Phillip up and told him we need to move the church building two inches, he wouldn’t ask questions, he would show up with a crew of workers, ready to do it.”
Phillip enjoyed building and was very creative. He remodeled a house and then went on to build a house while working harder than a one-eyed cat watching two mouse holes (something he would say). He would stay up late helping friends fix a dishwasher, remodeled his mom’s and even his mother in law’s kitchens, he built furniture for friends, helped on more than one fence project, built retaining walls, helped a friend lay 25,000 square feet of sod, and the list could keep going and going. He would bend over backward to help anyone, anytime.
He had the heart of a servant and traveled the world to serve others and show them Jesus. He enjoyed using his talents on many mission trips (he even met his wife on one!).
Build up for Phillip is such a great fit for remembering Phillip. His love for building, serving and bringing people together all wrapped up into one great cause. If he were here he would be all over every part of it. He would want to help design the houses, frame the houses, paint the houses, decorate the houses, build the furniture, work on logistics, landscape, and build the playground, too (with the help of his kids, Noah and Hannah, of course). He would be thrilled to see it unfold and perhaps he is. Perhaps God has already shared with him how He has so beautifully set this in motion and has shown him how it will all work out in the end as people are still served because of Phillip Evans. To God be the glory.
Ways to Support
- Donate to Build Up for Phillip
- By Mail: Build Up For Phillip P.O. Box 19051 Jonesboro, AR. 72403
- Make checks payable to Build Up for Phillip
- Volunteer during a Build Up for Phillip Habitat Build
- One Build Up for Phillip T-shirt: $15.00 (Purchase two or more t-shirts $10 each)
- One 4″x 8″ Engraved Brick Paver: $100.00 (Paypal or by Mail)
- One 8″ x 8″ Engraved Brick Paver: $200.00
- One Tree with Sponsor Plaque: $1,000.00
- One Half of a Park Bench with Sponsor Plaque: $5,000.00
- One Park Bench with Sponsor Plaque: $10,000.00
- One Playground Equipment set: TBD
NOTE: Some sponsorhip items are limited in availability.
Thank you Build Up Construction Sponsors
Thank you Build Up 5K Sponsors